Home Business Awards & Achievements Greaves West & Ayre’s Joe O’Brien Receives Top Award

Greaves West & Ayre’s Joe O’Brien Receives Top Award

0
Photo: Adam Owen (President of the Personal Finance Society) (left), Joe O’Brien (centre), Keith Richard (CEO of the Personal Finance Society) (right)

Joe O’Brien, an independent financial advisor at Greaves West & Ayre, has been awarded the Personal Finance Society’s (PFS’s) Fellowship status.

Fellowship of the PFS is the most prestigious qualification awarded to those working in the profession and is an accolade that recognises the dedication to work, self-improvement and ability.

It shows commitment to further self-improvement and is only awarded to individuals who consistently demonstrate high levels of ability, skills and knowledge.

Joe, joined Greaves West & Ayre’s wealth management team in January 2015 as an Independent Financial Advisor and achieved chartered status at the end of 2018. He made the trip to Threadneedle Street in October 2019 to receive his Fellowship from the Personal Finance Society.

Joe said, “I always aim to excel at everything I do and I am delighted that after 19 years in the financial services profession I am now Fellow of the PFS, the highest qualification awarded by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).

“Reaching this milestone reflects my efforts to exceed people’s expectations of me in terms of industry knowledge, ethics and client trust. It has been a lot of work but the recognition of that work has also made it really rewarding.”

In addition to his Fellowship, Joe is also a Chartered Financial Planner and Certified Financial Planner. He is a member of Greaves West & Ayre’s growing team of experts who focus on wealth management and financial planning for personal, corporate, charity and trust clients.

Commenting on Joe’s achievement, Greaves West & Ayre’s Managing Partner, Colin Frame said, “We are delighted for Joe. Gaining Fellowship is testament to Joe’s dedication to his own professional development, Greaves West and Ayre and most importantly our clients.

“Joe is a reflection of our ongoing programme of education and training at Greaves West & Ayre. We are very proud of the level of qualifications held by all of the staff and believe this helps to set us apart from many other accountancy and wealth management firms.”

Greaves West & Ayre (GWA) was founded in Berwick upon Tweed just after the First World War has recently commemorated its 100 year anniversary.
With offices in Berwick-upon-Tweed and Haddington, GWA are a well-established accountancy firm with accountancy and tax compliance services at our core as well as in-house Independent Financial Advisors and an IT Managed Services team to ensure the provision of a complete and holistic approach to meet client’s needs.
GWA have grown to become a leading regional Chartered Accountancy practice with approximately 55% of GWA clients on the English side of the border, 45% on the Scottish side and the remaining clients being overseas. Growth is continuing out with of GWA’s traditional roots, 60% of clients being within 50 miles of our offices and of the remaining 40% many are based in London as well as the Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, the rest of the UK and overseas.

Send us your news

Add a link to your business