PMI UK, in association with PwC, announces the 10 finalists in the Special Covid-19 response Award category.
“We recognise that the pandemic has had such a significant impact on people’s lives and the UK economy. We had an overwhelming response to the Special Covid-19 category and it was a difficult decision for our judging panel to select the shortlist. We are excited to be opening this up to public vote to select the overall winner,” explains Chris Field, President of PMI UK, part of the world’s leading project management professional body.
The 10 finalist projects are:
- Aberdeen City Council Covid-19 Remote, Secure Collaboration Programme
- Aztra Zeneca/University of Oxford Covid-19 Vaccine
- Covid-19 Testing Network
- HMRC Eat Out to Help Out Scheme
- HMRC Job Retention Scheme and Self-Employed Support Scheme
- NHS Business Service Authority Implementation of Covid-19 Mobile and broadband enhancements for NHS staff
- NHS Nightingale Hospital North West (Manchester)
- NHS Volunteer Responders
- RECOVERY (Randomised Evaluation of Covid-19 Therapy) trials of dexamethasone to reduce patient mortality
- Refugee Action Covid-19 Response
The public vote for the Special Covid-19 response Award category closes on 28 February and the winner will be announced at the black-tie gala event in March 2021.
The deadline for entries to the other eight categories of the National Project Awards has been extended to 27 November 2020, providing the opportunity for organisations, project teams and individuals to showcase their success.
Jessica Parthezius, Partner at PwC, said: “We’re delighted to support the PMI UK National Project Awards, celebrating the amazing projects that have been delivered across the UK. This year, we feel it is particularly important that project excellence is commended and Covid-19 response projects are recognised. This goes to the heart of our PwC purpose to build trust in society and solve important problems.”
Applications are still open for the following Award categories:
- Project of the Year [Large Private Enterprise]
- Project of the Year [Public Sector]
- Project of the Year [Small & Medium Enterprise]
- PMO of the Year
- Project Management for Social Good
- Early in Career Project Professional of the Year
- Project Professional of the Year
- PMI UK Volunteer of the Year
The PMI UK National Project Awards are open to any organisation, team or individual, without the need to be a PMI member. Projects can be of any size, type and from any industry. The judges are looking for superior performance through the application of project management, organisational results and/or positive impacts on the community.
For more information or to apply to one (or more) of the Award categories before 27 November search PMI UK Awards.