The world’s first Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) system – Ocucon – has been shortlisted across a range of categories for this year’s prestigious Fraud Awards, the leading accolade for those in the UK’s retail risk and loss prevention sector.
Organised by loss prevention conference Retail Risk, the awards celebrate the very best individual and team performance, innovative new products and winning strategies within the retail and loss prevention sector over the last year. Judged by a panel of internationally renowned loss prevention professionals, the winners and runners-up will be announced on 4th October at the Fraud Awards Gala Dinner, at Leicester City Football Club.
Breaking new ground in surveillance technology, the Newcastle-based company has been shortlisted a total of six times across five categories, for its unlimited cloud-based storage platform, Ocucon, and its intelligent video redaction service, Ocucon Pixelate.
- Best Newcomer – recognising the most exciting new solution or company to enter the retail risk and loss prevention arena – Ocucon
- Best Newcomer – Ocucon Pixelate
- Most Innovative In-Store Solution – celebrating innovative approaches to an existing, tried and tested solution or genre – Ocucon
- Best Collaborative Solution – recognising products, solutions or services resulting from genuine collaboration that deliver a clear ROI – Ocucon
- Most Innovative In-Store Surveillance Solution – celebrating innovative new uses of camera or surveillance technology, benefitting the wider business – Ocucon
- Most Innovative Cross-Functional Solution – recognising innovative products, solutions or services that have a risk or loss prevention benefit, but sit outside of the Profit Protection department – Ocucon Pixelate
Ocucon Co-Founder, Gary Trotter commented: “To be shortlisted in this year’s Fraud Awards and across so many categories, is testament to the great team we have based here in Newcastle, and our innovative and collaborative approach. Since our launch in October, we’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Dell and Google, to deliver the first-of-its-kind cloud based storage service for CCTV and surveillance technology and launch our new intelligent video redaction service, Ocucon Pixelate. As a result we’ve seen significant interest in Ocucon both from large UK corporations and retailers, but also major retailers in North America. Our story is just one example of how tech start-ups can thrive here in the North East to compete on both a UK and global stage.”
Launched in October 2017, Ocucon is set to revolutionise the ability of businesses to defend against fraudulent cases of slips, trips and falls – currently estimated to cost the UK economy alone more than £800 million a year – by removing physical limitations on the amount of surveillance footage an organisation can save. Ocucon delivers a powerful, cloud-based storage and retrieval platform, combining intelligent data analytics with the facility to store, analyse and retrieve unlimited amounts of HD video surveillance footage from within the Ocucon portal.
Ocucon is expected to be of interest to any organisation capturing significant amounts of CCTV data, and since its launch has seen significant interest from both UK and US supermarkets and retail chains.
The North East-based firm also recently launched Ocucon Pixelate. Developed using Google technology, the new product harnesses the power of AI and machine learning to deliver an intelligent and cost-effective video redaction tool that can be used with all forms of camera footage.