Terms and conditions of using our website. Last updated on 01/12/2016
This website is run by Buehoop Digital Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08202750
Accessing our website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend our website service without notice.
We will not be held liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We reserve the right to restrict or limit access to some parts of our site, or our entire website without notice.
If you choose a user name and password as part of our website you must treat this information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any password or account at any time if we think you have not complied with any of our terms and conditions.
Articles and other information posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim any liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Because our website is updated on a regular basis any of the information on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The information published on our site is provided without any guarantees or warranties as to its accuracy. This means that we cannot be held responsible for the results of actions that might have occurred as a result of visiting our website:
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- Any loss of income or revenue;
- Any loss of business;
- Any loss of profits or contracts;
- Any loss of anticipated savings;
- Any loss of data;
- Any loss of goodwill;
- Any wasted time.
Uploading content, images and other materials to our site
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and we have the right to use, copy, distribute, amend and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You should ensure that it is lawful for you to distribute content and images through our website and in the event that you have breached someone else’s copyright you acknowledge that you are responsible for the breach (and not us). If you have any doubt about who owns the copyright please so not upload content to this website.
In uploading written content and images you give permission for the content and images to be re-used across other online (and off-line) publications and websites within our network.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right not to publish or to remove any material or content ou make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our content standards.
All website content contributions must:
- Be factually accurate.
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Should comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Should not contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Should not contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Should not contain promote sexually explicit material.
- Should not promote violence.
- Should not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Should not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Should not be likely to deceive any person.
- Should not be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Should not promote any illegal activity.
- Should not be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Should not be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Should not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
We retain full editorial control over contributions to our site and may refuse to publish or take down any material already published for any reason whatsoever.
You retain ownership of the copyright in any contributions made to our site, but upon submission, you grant to us a perpetual, worldwide, exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish and continue publishing without limit as to time, and whether or not you continue to be a registered user, all such contributions.
In the future we may provide additional services on our site including direct emails from us or our associates,
You warrant that the publication of content and other contributions which you contribute will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
You hereby undertake to indemnify us and keep us indemnified in relation to any losses, costs and expenses incurred by us or our employees or representatives as a result of any breach by you of these terms.
Revisions of terms
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and General Data Protection Regulation, we are the data controller in relation to personal data which is collected through our Site.
We may process personal information for certain carefully considered and specific legitimate business purposes that are in our interests and enable us to enhance the services we provide, but which we believe also benefit our customers, which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our websites
- to provide postal and/or email communications which we think will be of legitimate interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please send an email stating your wishes to [email protected] Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Cookies and traffic data
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart r make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
By using our website you accept to receive the cookies that our website uses.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also choose to use the information that you provide us with to provide you with information about our goods and services or the goods and services of selected third parties which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes you may unsubscribe directly by clicking the relevant unsubscribe button in the email communication.