With Christmas quickly approaching, Huddersfield based community organisation, Conscious Youth, has launched a Christmas card design challenge for primary and secondary school children across Kirklees.
The past 18 months have been difficult for the whole of the UK, but Conscious Youth has seen first-hand how it has impacted Kirklees. The community organisation wants young people in the area to summarise 2021 and what the pandemic has been like for them within their Christmas card designs.
The five winning designs will be chosen by the Conscious Youth team and will be included in the organisations ‘The Big Christmas Card Swap’ campaign that will launch in November. The winning designers will each be rewarded with a £20 e-voucher from Amazon, supplied after the competition closes on 7th November; the winners will be chosen within seven days of the competition’s end date.
How to enter:
Design the front of a Christmas card on an A4 piece of paper
Scan/take photo of the design and upload to laptop or computer
Send entries as a PDF, word document, JPG or Google doc
- Only one entry per child
- Entrants must currently be attending primary or secondary school in the Kirklees area and aged between 5 and 16 years old
- Children must have permission from a parent or guardian before submitting their designs, or a parent or guardian can submit designs on behalf of their child
- All entries must be received by the deadline of 5.30pm on November 7th 2021
- Any personal details will only be used to administer the competition
- The card design shouldn’t include copyright-infringing material or any offensive or libellous content
- Participants can use any media they wish to create their design e.g. pencil, crayon, pen or paint
Co-founder and director of programmes at Conscious Youth, Serena Johnson, comments on the launch of the competition: “We are really excited to launch this Christmas card design challenge, not only will it be a great way to showcase talented young artists, but it will be contributing to some more exciting plans we have for the festive season.
“The pandemic has impacted children all over the country in many different ways, and I think this Christmas Card challenge will be a great way to allow children to express their emotions and thoughts that have built up over the past 18 months. Children have a unique outlook and perspective of the world and we really want to showcase and recognise that as well as all the budding artists we have living right here in Kirklees.”